Personal Identification Requirements

In order to approve your application for membership we require (2) pieces of personal identification from among those listed in Part A (Primary ID) and Part B (Secondary ID). At least one piece of identification must be from Part A (Government Issued Photo ID). The identification you present to us must be original, current and valid (not expired). It is a good way to help us protect you and for us to get to know you better.

We may ask your permission to contact the issuer of any identification document in order to verify that document.

Part A — Acceptable Identification (at least one)

Government issued Photo ID — Original, Current and Valid

  • Canadian Passport
  • Foreign Passport
  • Canadian Driver's Licence
  • Foreign Driver's Licence
  • Manitoba Enhanced Driver's Licence
  • Manitoba Identification Card
  • Manitoba Enhanced Identification Card
  • ID Card issued by other Province or Territory
  • Permanent Resident Card
  • Citizenship card (issued prior to 2012)
  • Secure Certificate of Indian Status issued by Government of Canada
  • NEXUS Card
  • Free and Secure Trade (FAST) Card
  • Civil Service Identification Card (issued by Federal Government)
  • Corrections Conditional Release ID Card
  • Possession and Acquisition License

Part B — Acceptable Identification

Acceptable secondary identification documents (only accepted with a piece of identification listed under Part A)

Issued by a Canadian Government Body — Original, Current and Valid

  • Temporary driver's license (non-photo)
  • Citizenship Certificate
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Original Canadian Birth Certificate
  • Divorce Documentation
  • Work, Travel, Student Visa (immigration form IMM1442)
  • Corrections Conditional Release Letter
  • Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB) client card bearing the individual's photograph and signature
  • CPP Statement
  • Property tax assessment issued by a city or municipality
  • Benefit statement —Federal, Provincial, Territorial and municipal level
  • CRA documents:
    • Requirement to pay notice
    • Installment reminder/receipt
    • GST refund letter
    • Benefits statement

Issued by other Canadian Sources — Original, Current and Valid

  • Insurance documents (home, auto, life)
  • School ID (if it contains date of birth)
  • MMF (Métis) ID Card
  • Utility bills
  • T4 Statement
  • Record of Employment (ROE)
  • Bank or Investment account statement


Online BankingExpand/Collapse

Find Branch/ATM

Enter address, postal code or branch name