Personal Identification for Banking

To open an account with us at ACU, you'll need two pieces of identification, one or more of which was issued by a federal, provincial, or territorial government. Your ID can't be expired, must be up to date and needs to be in good condition. The most common forms of ID are:

If you don't have any government-issued ID and you live in Winnipeg, Citizens' Bridge can help you get it. They'll help cover the costs, fill out the forms and work with you through the whole process. Once you receive your government-issued ID, they also can refer you to ACU to open an account. Call Citizens' Bridge at 204.691.9719.

If you only have government-issued ID and nothing else, you can approach a Community Referral Partner for help. A Community Referral Partner is an organization; if they feel they know you well enough or can verify your identity, that can provide you with a Community Sponsor Letter that will function as a second piece of ID.

Our Community Referral Partners are:

If you have any questions about what type of ID you'll need, please contact us at 204.958.8588 or


Online BankingExpand/Collapse

Find Branch/ATM

Enter address, postal code or branch name

Related Products & Services Expand/Collapse