A Pre-Authorized Contribution is a scheduled transfer that regularly contributes to a savings plan, usually an RRSP or TFSA.
Pre-authorized contributions are the easiest and most convenient way to start and build your savings. Set your schedule, set your amount, and make regular contributions to the savings plan of your choice. Save for retirement, a down-payment for your first home, education—or any life event that you want to be ready for. Whatever you choose, our advisors will help you make great decisions that make your money work for you.
We can help. Ask us how.
Benefits of Pre-Authorized Contributions
- Set your own schedule of contributions. You can decide to contribute weekly, biweekly, semi-monthly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, annually. You can even match it to your payroll schedule so it's applied before any other spending you do. Pay yourself first!
- Start small. Set up a contribution as little as $25. Increase it when you can afford to save more.
- Begin where you are. You can set up a transfer from another financial institution into an ACU account, which then seamlessly contributes to an ACU RRSP or TFSA. We have options that will match your current needs, with the flexibility to meet your future needs.
- Enjoy compound interest. Don't wait until you have a big lump sum of money to invest. By starting early and investing regularly, your dollars earn more—the interest you earn becomes part of your investment, so your interest starts earning interest, too.
- Make contributions to your RRSPs and TFSAs online, and withdraw money from your TFSA as well. Visit Transfers Between Your Accounts to learn how to set up transfers online.
Already have an RRSP or TFSA with Assiniboine? And a savings or chequing account with an automatic deposit? We can set up your pre-authorized contribution over the phone. Call us!