Alerts will send you notifications when certain events take place on your accounts through CU@HOME online banking. Alerts are sent as text messages, emails or both.
By signing up for Alerts you're signing up for increased peace of mind. You can receive notification when any or all of the following events take place on your online banking:
- A new bill payment vendor is added to your account.
- Your CU@HOME Personal Access Code (PAC) is changed.
- Increased Authentication is locked after three incorrect answers have been given to the security questions.
It's easy and it's free. (Standard text messaging and data rates may apply, depending on your provider and plan.)
Alerts uses email-to-text technology and works on all text-enabled phones.
On this page ...
Alerts are secure. Personal and financial information is never sent, and account nicknames are set up to be used if more specific detail is needed. If you use Mobile Banking, your accounts already have nicknames. You can change these nicknames at any time by visiting CU@HOME.
If you lose your phone or your email address is compromised, no one will be able to make changes to your account, steal funds, or find your personal information through this feature. You can also cancel or temporarily disable Alerts through CU@HOME at any time.
Ready to sign up?
Using Alerts is easy. All you need is access to CU@HOME. If you don't have online banking access, visit the Getting Started page to find out how.
If you already use CU@HOME:
- Log in to CU@HOME.
- Click My Profile and choose Alerts on the left hand side of the page.
- Click Register for Alerts, and read the Alerts Agreement. By clicking I Agree you'll be brought to the Alerts Contacts page.
- If you are registered for Mobile Banking, your cellular phone will already be registered as a Contact: in that case, enable that phone to receive alerts, and skip to step 7 to assign alerts, or step 6 to add an email address.
- To add a phone number, have your mobile phone handy and click Add Phone. Enter your mobile phone number, and select your carrier.
- A passcode will be sent to your phone. Enter the passcode on CU@HOME and click Continue. This registers your phone number, but doesn't sign you up for the alerts you wish to receive. Please see step 7 below.
- To add an email address, click Add Email on the Alerts Contact pages.
- Enter the email address you would like the alerts to be sent to and click Continue.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided. This registers your email address, but doesn't sign you up for the alerts you wish to receive.
- Now you can sign up for the alerts you want sent to you. Click Alerts and check the box next to the alerts you wish to receive. You can choose which alerts go to which contact (phone or email). Click Submit then Confirm when you've set the alerts the way you want.
- If you'd like to change the nicknames for your accounts, click Alerts Contacts, andthen Edit. Make the changes, and remember to click Submit when you're done.
The nicknames used for Alerts are the same as those used for Mobile Banking.
Depending on your mobile phone carrier, you may have to register your phone to receive email-to-text messages. As well, certain carriers require users to text "Read" in response to the initial alert before the message will be displayed.
Due to potential carrier and internet service interruptions, it cannot be guaranteed that you will receive the alerts. If you have any concern about your accounts please visit the Alerts History which can be found on CU@HOME under My Profile.
If you have questions that haven't been answered here, please check out the FAQ, or call our Member Communication Centre if necessary.