Protecting Your PIN
Your PIN is like your electronic key to making transactions with your ACU debit card. As always, it is very important that you safeguard your PIN and take the steps necessary to protect it and yourself from potential card fraud.
- Memorize it. Do not let anyone else know or use your PIN and never write it down.
- Use your hand or body to shield the keypad when you enter your PIN.
- Always make sure to take your card and transaction record with you when your transaction is complete.
- Avoid using numbers that can be easily identified to you such as your date of birth, address, social insurance number, phone number, etc.
- Change your PIN periodically at any ACU ATM.
- Visit our Security page to learn more about protecting your debit card from skimming and phishing.
Changing Your PIN is Simple
If you’d like to change your PIN, you can re-pin your card at any ACU ATM. If you’ve forgotten your PIN, simply visit an ACU branch to have it reset. For your protection, please remember to bring two valid pieces of identification with you when resetting your PIN at one of our branches.