Using Your Chip Card
Direct Payment Transactions at Point-of-Sale (POS)
When you perform a transaction at a chip-enabled terminal with your chip card, you're in control. The process is quick and easy and your card should never leave your sight:
- Rather than swiping your card, the card will be inserted into the terminal.
- The card will remain in the terminal for the entire transaction. Removing the card will terminate the transaction.
- Enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Follow the prompts on the screen.
- When the transaction is complete, remove your card when prompted and wait for the receipt.
If the store or restaurant does not yet have a chip-enabled terminal, your card will be swiped using the magnetic stripe on the back of the card.
ATM transactions are performed as they’ve always been, with one enhancement: you can re-pin your chip debit card at chip-enabled ATM. Simply press ‘More’ on the main menu and follow the prompts on screen.
Online and Telephone Banking
You can access your accounts and complete transactions easily with your debit card. When you get your new card, simply enter your new card number and your existing Personal Access Code (PAC) to log into the system. See CU@HOME internet banking and CU by PHONE telephone banking for more information.
Note for Travelers
Chip technology is very reliable but, as with any type of technology, things can happen. If you are planning to be away for an extended period of time, as always, we strongly encourage you to have other methods of payment with you at all times.