As a financial co-operative committed to doing business in a way that is environmentally responsible, we are working to minimize our ecological footprint and we are taking steps to support other who are working to find positive solutions to environmental concerns.
That’s why we are so pleased to be working with the Manitoba Chapter of the Canada Green Building Council, and the WinnipegREALTORS® to provide you with the “Your Greener Home” brochure and this online resource guide. These resources have been developed to help you build, renovate, sell, and purchase a greener home.
Your home is one of the most important investments you will make. If taking steps towards a greener home is part of your plans, we can help you achieve your goal through our wide range of lending products and our expert financial advice. Contact us today for an appointment 1.877.958.8588.
A greener home is one that provides healthier and more comfortable living spaces and has features that reduce its impact on the environment. A greener home:
- uses energy, water, land and materials more efficiently
- provides a healthy habitat for the people who live in it
- uses materials that protect human health and the natural environment
- has minimal impact on the land it’s built on and the surrounding area
- is located within walking or biking distance to schools, transit routes, grocery stores and other essential services
Greener homes have many benefits and are an important way we can live more sustainably now and into the future.
Whether you are building, buying or renovating, there are many things you can do to take action and make your home greener.